A nominee must have been an active KDP member for a minimum of 20 years, though they do not need to be currently employed in an education position. Prospective members cannot self-nominate, and officers and employees of KDP are not eligible for nomination until one biennium has elapsed following their term of office or final day of employment. Additionally, nominations will include evidence of satisfying at least 7 of the following 12 criteria, with a minimum of 5 primary criteria:
- Service to a KDP chapter as an Officer or Counselor
- Significant number of years of service to a KDP chapter
- National service to KDP, such as committees, chairperson, Board of Directors (formerly the Executive Council), hosted a regional meeting or conference, served the (former) Foundation in a leadership role, and more.
- Attendance at a minimum of five KDP Convocations and participation as a volunteer or presenter
- Sustained donor/contributor to KDP
- Served as a reviewer of manuscripts or scholarships, published an article or book, and/or served as a volunteer editor
- Received awards or recognition for teaching excellence
- Leadership role within the education community
- Participated in a KDP signature service initiative: Reading is Fun!, Literacy Alive!, and/or Celebration of Teaching
- Established a KDP scholarship at the local level
- Helped train Counselors regionally or at Convocation
- Made other significant contributions such as excellence in the profession or ambassador for KDP
Current Eleanor Roosevelt Chapter members review all nominations and recommend membership for approval by the KDP Board of Directors. Inductees to the Chapter will be recognized and inducted during the 2023 KDP Convocation.
Nominations for the 2023 class will open February 2023.